Green Bay Trail Day
July 29 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The 4th Green Bay Trail Day
Saturday, July 29, from 8am – Noon
Hubbard Woods to Shelton Park
Join the Festivities
FREE food, music, activities and exhibits for all ages.
- Enjoy a breakfast bite and beverages offered by Charles Schwab.
- Families and kids: Test your skills on the Glencoe Park District’s rope course challenge. Enjoy crafts and story time with the Glencoe Library. Get a bug box from the Friends of the Green Bay Trail and many more giveaways for all.
- Look for the juggler and balloon artist along the trail.
- Adopt a Pet: from Orphans of the Storm. Take home pet treats for your dog from Noah’s Ark.
- Music: Tap your toes or sing along to live music on the trail.
- Fitness buffs – Stop by Illinois Bone and Joint to check on recurring pain and learn how to prevent and treat sports injuries.
- Gardeners and Nature lovers : Learn best tree care practices with Bartlett Trees. Visit the Friends resource table. Learn how to become a Homegrown National Park at home.
- Bring a camera to capture the blooms, butterflies and activity. Share your photos with the Friends to have them included in future FGBT articles and postings.
- Butterflies and bird enthusiasts: Visit the butterfly hatchery, chat with Audubon representatives for birding tips and programs.
- History Buffs– Discover the Trail and North Shore’s history with the Glencoe and Winnetka Historical Societies.
- Environmentalists: Learn how to make a difference with easy sustainable practices. Take home sustainable home and gardening
- Volunteer on the Green Bay Trail, now a Homegrown National Park.
Green Bay Trail Day will showcase the Trail’s restoration, extensive recreational opportunities, its butterfly hatchery and trail history with activities located along the Trail between Shelton Park and Hubbard Woods.