Coming to an event? Please let us know!
Friday Fun Facts – Did you know?
Support the Trail with a tax deductible contribution by December 31, 2019.
Your investment at any donor level will ensure the necessary care and continued maintenance to sustain the beauty of the Green Bay Trail for years to come.
Check out what we've accomplished in 2019!
This was a busy year of hard work and fun-filled activities along the Green Bay Trail, and we are glad that you could be a part of it! The Friends are proud that, with volunteers and donors like you, our many successes included:
- 65 new trees and 146 shrubs protected and cared for
- 3,100 native wildflowers and sedges planted; 4.5 million wildflower seeds scattered
- 6,200 landscape staples installed to protect young plants from deer
- New monarch hatchery for public viewing of the monarch life cycle
- A safe and secure bridge and steps to access the hatchery from the Trail
- First Green Bay Trail Day, in conjunction with local merchants, with 500 breakfasts served by The Girl and the Goat, thanks to Charles Schwab
- 7 free community programs for families to enjoy the outdoors
- 14 workdays for volunteers to maintain the Trail
- Soil-testing and mineral supplementation of soil
- Tri-party agreement with Glencoe’s Village and Park District for Trail watering
- Coordination with Village of Glencoe to install drains for excessive rainfall and runoff
- Access agreement with Union Pacific Railroad for control of invasives on its property
- 2nd place for best 4th of July Parade float in Glencoe