Coming to an event? Please let us know!
In The News: Honorary Street Name for Betsy Leibson
Friday Fun Facts – Did you know?
Check out what we've accomplished in 2019!
This was a busy year of hard work and fun-filled activities along the Green Bay Trail, and we are glad that you could be a part of it! The Friends are proud that, with volunteers and donors like you, our many successes included:
- 65 new trees and 146 shrubs protected and cared for
- 3,100 native wildflowers and sedges planted; 4.5 million wildflower seeds scattered
- 6,200 landscape staples installed to protect young plants from deer
- New monarch hatchery for public viewing of the monarch life cycle
- A safe and secure bridge and steps to access the hatchery from the Trail
- First Green Bay Trail Day, in conjunction with local merchants, with 500 breakfasts served by The Girl and the Goat, thanks to Charles Schwab
- 7 free community programs for families to enjoy the outdoors
- 14 workdays for volunteers to maintain the Trail
- Soil-testing and mineral supplementation of soil
- Tri-party agreement with Glencoe’s Village and Park District for Trail watering
- Coordination with Village of Glencoe to install drains for excessive rainfall and runoff
- Access agreement with Union Pacific Railroad for control of invasives on its property
- 2nd place for best 4th of July Parade float in Glencoe