- This event has passed.
Green Bay Trail Day
July 30 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
FREE food, music, activities and exhibits for all ages.
- Grab a breakfast bite and beverage at the Charles Schwab’s station
- Families and kids: Test your skills on the Glencoe Park District’s rope course. Enjoy crafts and story time with the Glencoe Library. Get a bug box from the Friends of the Green Bay Trail.
- Look for Roving Entertainers on the trail.
- Adopt a Pet: See pets available for adoption at Orphans of the Storm .
- Music: Tap your toes or sing along to music on the trail.
- Fitness buffs: Stop by Illinois Bone and Joint to check on recurring pain and learn how to prevent and treat sports injuries.
- Cyclists: Check out bike care, new gear with Green Bay Cycles.
- Gardeners and Nature lovers: Native plants available for sale at Go Green Winnetka, check out sustainable gardening resources. Enjoy the trail’s summer blooms
- Butterflies and bird enthusiasts: Visit the butterfly hatchery, chat with Audubon representatives for birding tips and programs.
- Photographers: Get photo tips from Phototronics for taking the perfect photo to enter in the Photo Contest.
- History Buffs: Discover the North Shore’s history from the Glencoe and Winnetka Historical Societies.
- Trail Lovers: Give community input to the Lakota Group’s Winnetka’s Green Bay Trail Plan.
- Environmentalists: Learn how to make a difference. Volunteer on the Green Bay Trail, recently designated as a Homegrown National Park.
Green Bay Trail Day is sponsored by the Friends of the Green Bay Trail with generous support from Charles Schwab.