Information and Rules
By entering the contest, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Sponsors: Friends of the Green Bay Trail (FGBT), Box 545, Glencoe, IL 60022 and Phototronics, Inc., 996 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, IL 60093. (847-446-7510)
How to Enter: Entries must be submitted electronically at https://www.gbtrail.org/photo-contest/submit-photo/. All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. FGBT and Photronics personnel may submit photos but are not eligible to win.
Entry Period: Photos may be submitted between August 1 and October 31, 2022.
Photo Categories: Each entrant may submit up to eight photos (two in each category) in the following categories:
- Butterflies and other Insects
- Flowers and Plants
- Feathered and Furry Friends
- Trail Activities and Experiences (dog walking, running, smelling flowers, etc.)
General Rules for Entries:
- The photo must have a minimum dimension of 800×800 pixels with a minimum file size of 1 MB.
- The photo must be taken on the Green Bay Trail.
- The photo must be original.
- Entries will not be accepted unless digitally submitted via the official contest web site.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that photos submitted can be used by the sponsors for promotional or other purposes without compensation to the entrant.
- FGBT reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate or does not conform to the contest rules.
Voting will be conducted between November 1 and November 15, 2022, by viewers to the FGBT website who may vote on their favorite photo in each category. Voting rules will be posted on the voting page.
Prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category will be offered a framed photo of the winner’s choosing. No entrant may win more than one prize.
Winners: Each winner will be notified via the valid email address provided, after November 18, 2022. Winners will contact Photronics directly to make arrangements for their prize.
General Conditions: By entering the contest, you agree to the following:
- You represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole and exclusive author and owner of the Photograph and all rights therein;
- You have the full and exclusive right, power, and authority to submit the Photograph;
- No part of your Photograph defames or invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or decreased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s copyright, trademark or other personal or property rights.
- You acknowledge that:
- FGBT has the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any photograph at any time if it determines that the photograph is offensive, inappropriate, or contrary to the sponsors’ reputation, or that you or your Photograph have not complied with any of the contest rules.
- The sponsors are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, undelivered, inaccurate, illegible, or delayed submissions, for errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the contest, or for the processing of submissions, the announcement of prizes, or any other errors.
- The sponsors have the right to modify, suspend or cancel the contest in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, and to suspend or cancel the contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized access, fraud, technical failures, acts of God or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the contest. If the contest is suspended, winners may be selected from among all non-suspect, eligible submissions received up to the date of cancellation using the judging procedure outlined above, or, in their sole discretion, the sponsors may cancel the contest and decide to award no prizes;
- The sponsors have the right to use your name, city and state of residence, picture, and likeness, without compensation, notification, or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the sponsors’ goods, services and activities and publicizing the contest.
- FGBT reserves the right to change the prizes being offered at any time.
This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.